Monday, September 15, 2008

Church Labor Day Retreat



It has been a while since I've updated so I am starting a few weeks back. Wyatt and Austin went on their first Trailhead Church Retreat over labor day weekend. (I went last year alone because Austin had just started working at Best Buy and couldn't ask off). We stayed in the lovely Highlands Camp in Allenspark, CO (about 20 mins away from Estes Park).
www.highlandscamp.org
We really enjoyed our stay. Every family had their own room, each having four or more single beds. The first night Austin and I thought we could share a single being slender people and all but about halfway through the night I kicked him off and into his own single. Wyatt is so funny. He always sleeps so well when we are on "vacation" while at home he wakes up ever 4ish hours like clockwork. I think he slept a solid six hours the first night.

On Saturday morning the women had a time of sharing and reflection. It proved to be a very meaningful time of sharing our hearts with one another. Many people broke down and it was evident that we all needed someone to listen to the challenges of parenting and marriage and just life is general. For me the time was priceless and I felt as if I walked away from the whole experience loving all of the women in a different and deeper way.

The guys went on a manly hike in the afternoon. The rest of the day was filled with relaxation and rest. We played games with a number of people (we love games!!).

Sunday morning I was in charge of worship during a time of prayer. We sang six songs total and Austin helped by playing the guitar with a few other dudes. It went so much better than I could have imagined. This was my first time being the el capitano for the Worship Team, so I was a little nervous, but everyone did a great job and I have a lot of fun in the process. I hope I can do it again someday.

After lunch we went to Estes Park where I looked for some Christmas presents. We went with two other couples from our Small Group from church. It was a grand ol' time.

In closing: We are so thankful that God had provided us with a church family since we moved to Colorado. We still miss everyone from college very much and of course our wonderful families but are glad that some meaningful friendships have started to form here.

for more pics go to http://www.evrett.com/2008-trailhead-retreat

1 comment:

Reagan said...

I didn't realize that Austin knew how to play the guitar...Sweet! I am sure you did amazing as the worship leader. I love your voice.