Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blogging Demerit/My personal retreat


Sooooooooooooo,
I haven't blogged in like, four months. WHOOPS! I could blame it on life or be more honest and say it hasn't been my first priority as of late.

So to make up for this confounded blemish on my blogging record I will try to blog WAY more frequently (do you notice the vague perimeters) at least until things get CRAZY again. (Does that sound better, my little lemon?)

Well. Where shall we start?
"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start."

We'll rewind to May and pick up there.

My last day of work at Solid Grounds, the place I'd held employment since February 2009, was May 8th (also known as Mother's Day). It was a bittersweet day but I think the main feeling I had was gratitude. I was so blessed to have had the job and experiences that it brought. I learned so much about myself, business, leading, following, and ultimately how I have so much more to learn. Austin was very gracious to let me take a personal retreat during the Monday that followed which was also finals week (thanks honey!). It was glorious, to say the least. I went to my favorite restaurant, window shopped ALONE (which means I didn't have to worry about little hands or bored husbands, and I could look as long as I liked). Then I went to my sweet friends house (they were out of town) and laid out in their back yard, painted my nails, ate chocolate, had time to pray, paint and just down right relax. I am so thankful to have such a day after so many months of being pushed to my max both emotionally and physically. Now it's PICTURE TIME!





1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE the picture of you relaxed and enjoying the sun. So glad you had some time to rest and renew. You can come back anytime! (How about tomorrow?) (-: